For glassware painted with enamels at our studio, please follow these instructions carefully!
Once your glassware is properly baked, it shouldn’t crack, fade or peel.
PLEASE NOTE: It is best to leave your glassware to air-dry for 48 hours prior to beginning the curing process.
- Place your empty glass into the center of a COLD oven. DO NOT PREHEAT.
- Close the oven door, and set the oven temperature to 350° and a timer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, keep the oven door closed but turn off the heat. Leave in for another 10 minutes as it begins to cool.
- At the end of the 30 minutes total, your glassware should be cool enough to handle. (Please check this first before reaching in with your bare hands!)
- It is best to hand wash your painted glassware, dishwashing might erode the paint.
Alternately . . . if your glassware is for display only, you do not need to bake. Paint will cure over time.
DO NOT CURE any ceramic pieces that are painted with normal acrylic paint and glaze.
These are “no-fire” pieces, and the glaze has been painted to imitate a fired look.