July 10, 2014 – July 10, 2014
1414 Old York Road
Come paint our Hope Ribbon Tree purple, and help raise awareness and hope, fighting Cystic Fibrosis
Kelly Morrissey Tulio has Cystic Fibrosis; she was diagnosed at 18 months old. Over the next 41 years she managed to keep this fact mainly a secret, remain somewhat healthy, achieve her MBA and multiple certifications, have a successful career in Finance, get married, have two amazing children, and so much more. All born, raised, and still living in Willow Grove, PA. Kelly, her husband Dominic (both Upper Moreland High School graduates) and their children have touched the lives of many people over the years. Kelly has consistently defied the odds, as she is focused, positive, smart, determined, and clearly one of the strongest people you’ll ever meet.
Most people are unaware of the health issues Kelly and her family have faced. Kelly gave birth to their first child, young Dom two months premature. After 1 month in the NIC Unit, he came home with a monitor for another 8 months. Her husband, Dominic encountered his own health crisis 10 years ago. While Kelly’s mother was losing her long fought battle with breast cancer, they were told Dominic needed a Kidney transplant. Dominic received a living donor transplant from his mother, in what has shown to be a successful surgery, but requires lifelong aftercare.
Kelly has recently decided to begin the process of evaluation for a bilateral lung transplant. By nature of a bilateral transplant Kelly will need a cadaver donor, limiting potential matches. For optimal results she should be listed at multiple hospitals, but in order to accomplish this she needs to travel near and far to each hospital for consultations and testing. These trips alone are extremely costly, let alone the entire process of their next challenging journey, exploring all options for Kelly’s lung transplant.
The fact is, for years their medical care expenses have been and continue to be unfathomable. They have managed on their own due to the financial planning Kelly handled well, and wise spending on what is now a one income family. Kelly had to leave the financial career she worked so hard for & loved several years ago to focus on her health and the well-being of her family. Out of pocket expenses are piling up, & will become unsurmountable before she even receives new lungs. After the transplant, they’ll have two “patients” in the home requiring lifetime anti-rejection medications, with two young children & increasing everyday living costs.
As a prideful family, reaching out for help is not something Tulio’s have ever done. Her loving family and supportive friends have begged them to let us help, and though hesitant, have finally accepted the offer. A fund is being finalized, a website is being set up, many events are being planned, and tons of people are happily jumping in to help. In the meantime, we are forging ahead to collect donations (monetary, gift cards, baskets, etc) to get started in providing them assistance, so they can focus on their health.
Up to HALF of every participant’s registration fee ($17.50) will be donated back to this worthy organization.
Snacks and drinks will be provided, but feel free to bring your friends, food, a bottle of wine (or your favorite beverage) and have a relaxing evening out, sipping, snacking & painting!
Also, The Uncorked Artist will be donating five (5) of our instructor paintings to be raffled off, with 100% of the proceeds from this raffle being added to the registration donation.
Come prepared to bid on other masterpieces!
Invite your friends!
• We’re sorry, we can not accept vouchers, discount codes or gift certificates for payment on FUNdraisers.
• There is no assigned seating for FUNdraisers.
• If you would like an ADA wheelchair accessible table during this party, please note this in COMMENTS section.
• If you have any other special requests, please note them in the COMMENTS section.
• Payment is due when you make this online reservation. If you choose NOT to pay online, you must STILL COMPLETE the entire registration form, then select the “Invoice” payment option which enables you to pay at the door when you arrive. Please do not send any credit card information via email.
• If you pay online, you will be directed to PayPal’s secure site. YOU DO NOT NEED A PAYPAL ACCOUNT TO PAY ONLINE, you can choose to checkout as a “PayPal guest” using any major debit or credit card.
• We accept cash, check or credit card at the door.
• If you see your name on the Attendee List, your registration went through fine.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BY REGISTERING FOR THIS EVENT, YOU AGREE TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
How To Register . . .
• Click the “Add To Cart” button below.
• When page refreshes, select the number of guests you want to register.
• Click “Enter Attendee Information”.
• You’ll be taken back to this event description page . . . PLEASE scroll down to enter your attendee information.
• Once you’ve entered in all your information, click “Confirm and Go To Payment Page” then follow directions to complete payment process.
[ESPRESSO_CART_LINK event_id=772 anchor=’‘ direct_to_cart=1 moving_to_cart=”Redirecting to cart…Please scroll down to enter attendee information”]
Registered Guests: [ATTENDEE_NUMBERS event_id=772 type=num_attendees_slash_reg_limit]