Get into the Holiday spirit by bringing the family to The Uncorked Artist for our FREE Holiday Card Writing & Decorating Event benefiting the Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission.
Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission has ministered to the physical and spiritual needs of the homeless and disadvantaged in the Philadelphia area since 1878. For more information visit: http://www.sundaybreakfast.org/
The Uncorked Artist DIY Studio will be open for free holiday card decorating from noon – 3pm on Wednesday, November 27, the day before Thanksgiving.
The holidays can be a bleak time of year for homeless men and women. But you can fill their hearts with Christmas cheer.
Craft a special holiday card with an encouraging message to lift the spirit of a homeless person during the holidays.
We will provide everything so you can create your one-of-a-kind Holiday card for someone in need in our community:
card stock, colored pencils, acrylic paint, watercolors, stencils, you name it.
In order to ensure that each card is beautiful and thoughtfully crafted, each participant is asked to write only one card and then dedicate themselves to praying and thinking about the person who will receive your card this holiday season. Recipients feel loved and appreciated knowing that someone took the time to make a special card just for them.
There is no charge for this event, but we do request a donation, 100% of money collected will be donated to this charity.
It costs just $2 to supply a hearty meal on Christmas Day, so please be generous with your donations.
Registration is required as we will be providing soft pretzels and drinks to registered guests.
Card writing tips: Because the guests that stay at the Mission can change day to day, we ask that you address the card “Dear Friend” or “Dear Neighbor.” Cards are addressed this way so that everyone who walks through our doors during the holiday season will have the opportunity to be blessed by a thoughtful Christmas card. Cards should also be gender neutral. Men and women receive services at the Mission and we want to make sure no one feels excluded. For the closing salutation, please sign your first name only.
Card writing ideas: We ask that your card is filled with positive and uplifting messages. Many of their guests have faced extreme difficulties in their life and we want to encourage them in their time of need. Interfaith holiday cards are welcome. Below are several examples of the types of messages one can include in a card.
Examples of Christmas messages:
- Merry Christmas!
- I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Although times are tough, know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
- Merry Christmas! May God bless you richly throughout the holiday season.
- May God fill your life with love, joy, and peace this Christmas and throughout the New Year.
Examples of Interfaith messages:
- May your holiday season be filled with hope as you celebrate with your friends at Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission.
- Happy Holidays!
- I hope you have a joyous holiday and a blessed New Year.
- May you find hope today and in the days to come!
- May your heart be filled with love this holiday season!
- Know that I care about you and that I am thinking about you throughout the year.
- Wednesday, November 27, 2019 12:00 pm - Wednesday, November 27, 2019 3:00 pm
12:00 PM - 3:00 PM